Careers We’re Hiring For:
A Cashier’s primary role is to assist customers in the in-store checkout process. Main duties include ringing up sales, bagging items, requesting price checks, honoring coupons, collecting payment and giving appropriate change. Responsible for counting the contents of cash register drawer at the end of each shift, maintaining receipts, records and withdrawals. May be responsible for checking materials and supplies and reporting when the stock is low.
May require a high school diploma or its equivalent and 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Works under immediate supervision of supervisor or manager and must rely on instructions. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Abides by pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in achieving our customer satisfaction and revenue growth objectives.
- Handle cash, credit or check transactions with customers
- Scan goods and collect payments
- Ensure pricing is correct
- Issue change, receipts, refunds, or tickets
- Redeem stamps and coupons
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning and end of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change
- Make sales referrals, cross-sell products and introduce new ones
- Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information
- Bag items carefully
- Greet customers when entering or leaving establishment
- Maintain clean and tidy checkout areas
- Keep reports of transactions
- Process returns and check to see if items are damaged
- Answer customers’ questions and get a manager if answer doesn’t solve the issue
- Bag, box or wrap packages
- Pleasantly deal with customers to ensure satisfaction
Cashier top skills & proficiencies:
- Basic Math
- Interpersonal Communication/Written and Verbal Communication
- Time Management
- Product Knowledge
- Telephone Etiquette
- Customer Service
- Dispute resolution
- Basic (PC) Computer Knowledge
- Attention to Detail
- Point of Sale Systems (POS)
- Positive Attitude
Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also, perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment according to restaurants standardized recipes.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for the quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range, and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.